The Family Mediation Centre Ltd
|Posted on 26 May, 2017 at 0:20|
THE GOD FACTOR IN YOUR MARRIAGE - we shall be discussing this on one of our June editions of The Pastor's Wife Talkshow and full analysis on THE CHEMISTRY OF MARRIAGE
According to Friedrich Neitzstch, "It is not a lack of love but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages". Any marriage can survive and flourish if only couples pursue the God factor in their homes without living Him out in the pews on Sundays. Most couples look and act amazing on Sunday as if dramas are being played out. But how many couples continue such harmonious displays during the week? The reason may be because most people live a lie and they try to make impressions and fail to continue their partnership with the Holy Spirit outside church settings where no one else sees them but God sees. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE AT CHURCH BUT BE AS MUCH SPIRITUAL AT HOME AS YOU ARE IN CHURCH. BECOME A NEW YOU through the Spirit. When you walk closely with the Holy Spirit, He teaches you true love, quietness, peace, helps you refrain from anger outbursts. Without the Holy Spirit you cannot forgive easily because the power to forgive genuinely is supernaturally impacted by the Holy Spirit.
Should our Lord Jesus Christ visit your home unannounced will He be proud of what He hears and sees in your home?
Proverbs 14: 1 Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands ( through bickering/ argument)
Your home should not be a war zone but a sanctuary where crisis and pressures of life are replaced with love and tranquility. I once asked a young man what his marriage expectations are: his first response was; I want to marry a woman who will give me peace once I come back home for which I responded; then you need a Jesus woman but you also must be a Jesus man yourself .
"Every woman wants a man who will protect her BUT a woman should not tear apart a man she expects to protect her as well ". I agree with the saying that "It is better to lose your ego for whom you love than lose who you love because of ego". So much has been preached about women building their home but the duty is not limited to women only. In Matthew 7: 24-27, Jesus thought us that men should also build their homes on rocks. What are rocks? Actions and words that build up and not the ones that hurt or tear down such as harsh words, abusive words and actions or threatening.
24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
When there is the God factor in your home, you learn to love the way Jesus loves, forgive the way He does and treat each other as we expect others to treat us.
1. From today make things happen for each other.
2. Allow each other to still enjoy their individuality.
3 Intentionally do unto your spouse that which you expect him or her to do for you
4. Walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed how you over look those petty things
I am of the opinion that joy and happiness cannot dry up in your home if Jesus is persistently present - Is Jesus a guest or resident in your home?
OFFENCE WILL HURT YOUR MARRIAGE- REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT FLAWLESS YOURSELF!
5. Bullet-proof your marriage in the place of prayer. In fact, YOUR MARRIAGE JOURNEY SHOULD START ON YOUR KNEES AND SUSTAINED IN THE PLACE OF PRAYER
6. What is your FAMILY SWOT - strengths, weaknesses, opportunities to grow and threats (common enemy) - stop hanging on to old wounds but embrace new doors God is opening for both of you.
7. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you find out the triggers in your home and address them. What are the triggers? Find out from my book: THE CHEMISTRY OF MARRIAGE available on amazon.
8. Love is practical. God demonstrated His love for us. He did not just theorise it. He acted it. He sent Jesus. He gave us Jesus, He forgave us, He reconciled us to Himself. What are you doing to your spouse that is God-like? What practical steps will you take today to make your relationship more romantic, more peaceful, more successful and more of a team work? What are you doing to become friends with your spouse today? With God all things are possible!